Saturday 11 May 2013

Nostalgic already :(

I am facing a lot of difficulty the last few days. No its not due to the heat or some stupid digestive disorder!! Its due to the pinching feeling of something that I have to leave behind after a few days. Its all the fun, happiness, fights and stupidity that I shared with my stupid and lovely buddies the last four years....

Four years wheww.....Not a short time. Its so difficult to let go. When I first came to this college I was damn excited and not at all sad as most my friends were. That's because I was already used to hostel life and staying away from home. All I could feel was thrill and anxiousness. Thrill because of the new phase of my life I was entering into and anxiousness as to what lay ahead, what friends I will make and of course the enthralling feeling of independence of being a 'grown up' (well ,grown up or not was yet a mystery  :) )..

When I first entered the hostel room I was allotted, I found my two roommates Trina and Lopa...My first friends here. My first impression of Trina was 'Cry baby' :D !!!!She was crying constantly because she missed home and missed her mom, even though her mom was standing right next to her. Well, eventually over the years we spent together I came to know that Trina is a very strong and clear headed girl and I found a very good friend in her. Lopa on the other hand was the exact opposite..a confused and messed up person with a golden heart. She was a sweet friend but unfortunately we didn't end up being close buddies due to the distance and few misunderstandings we shared. She's a sweet person with a lot of potential that she needs to realize yet. 

My first year that I spent in hostel was fun. There are certain funny incidents that were not so funny that time, but makes us laugh now. One of them being us going to college with two braids and hair parted like some nerd. It was a part of the routine ragging that we found disgusting!!! Imagine that!!! God!!! One special mention must be awarded to the delicious hostel food (mind you I'm being sarcastic!). Its really an unforgettable part of my college life added to the constant drought and frequent power cuts. I'm surprised as to how I endured all that one full year!!!!

Then as I climbed up to the second year of graduation, I and Trina shifted to a local house as paying guests.There I met two new buddies, Srijanee and Soumi, our roomies. All four of us shared a lot of fun days as well as some small and big fights! Well it all comes in a package. Keep four girls together in a room for many days, sparks are sure to fly :P.... But we gradually reconciled our differences and eventually grew friends who share some everlasting memories. God I will miss them so much!! Soumi, chota package bara dhamaka and Srijanee, Miss sensitive......  two more buddies I made for a lifetime. My other friend I made here is Varsha, Miss know-it-all !!!! She's a nice person and a good friend and undoubtedly a good adviser.:)

The year I got promoted to the third year, two new girls shifted into the room beside us in the PG, Bharti and Deabarati. Even tough we did not really gel with these two 'mystery' girls for nearly a year, I gradually came to know Bharti through my final year in b.tech and found out what an amazing girl she is. Thus, my new buddy, Bharti. Her energy and the happy-go-lucky attitude is really awesome. She's the kind of girl anyone would love to be friends with. So by the end of my b.tech life I made some loving and awesomely cool friends who really made my belief that lifetime friends are made in college, true.
I must mention my other lovable friend Ankita,or as we call her,Tiwariji!! She's a close friend I made in class, a person I can trust and confide to. Without her and Trina, my journey through the boring classes, the horrifying vivas and the tiresome exams would have been hell!!!!!

All the memories that I made here, my friends, the self-improvement I went through, all the lessons I learned and all the experiences I gathered are my most prized possessions that taught me about life. I will cherish these moments all my life.

The period of your college life is when you come to know yourself and it is the time you can improve yourself because later in life you won't get anytime to look at your own self. Life will be tough after you go out the gates of your college life. It is then one realizes the time that is lost. Its about time to get out of the safety cocoon. Its time to face life. But I am not ready yet. I need more time...I need more time.

2 comments: